Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tyler's Brain is Melting

I have had a serious problem lately, (like the last 4 years), with Tyler just zoning out to the TV. He loves it! So the other day I took some green Aloe Gel, went in and swiped it in his ear and said, "Tyler, what is in your ear??!!" Then I told him that it was green goop from his brain that was coming out of his ears because his brain was melting. Tyler of course freaked out, and I told him it was because all he did was watch TV. At this point I had him hooked. All of his brothers were staring at the goop in awe and Tyler's face was pale. I told him the only way to reverse his very serious condition was to read books. Wow, it worked like a charm! I think this may be my best mothering moment ever....

7 comments:

SAS said...

That is hilarious--I am definantly going to have to try that one! I'll give them one more hour...

Race Fam said...

Wow, I think you might have traumatized him! Just kidding, I need to do the same thing to Caden, but he doesn't watch t.v. he plays video games like crazy. I'm probably a bad mom, but hey it's summer and if he wasn't playing games he'd be tormenting his sister!

R and R said...

Your blog is the best to read. I think it might be a toss up between this moment and Brock's pee ultimatum which one is the best.

Nate and Lynlee said...

Ha Ha that is so funny! I'll have to remember that one!

Rebecca said...

Ohmygoodness, that's hllarious! We may have to use that too. Pretty soon there will be a brain melting movement!

Kim Simpson said...

That is one I am going to have to use. Ethan has watched way way way too much TV this summer. Next time we think it is a good idea to have kids in the summer someone needs to smack us. Wait, I don't think either of us are wanting to add anymore since we have almost made it through the summer without being arrested for child abuse.

Kahanu said...

Hope you don't mind I just click on your blog through Rachelles and love reading it. I must agree with Rachelle, your blog is so fun to read and it is a toss up! They both made me laugh!