Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Shopping Trip

Last night Brock had to work late and of course we were out of wipes. So clearly, it was an emergency. I decided to go to Babies R Us, even though it was more expensive, but I figured I could run in and run out, and maybe people would not completely stare at me like I was crazy. (though I am)... OK, so all the way to the store I threaten Tyler and Parker that they have to stay by the cart etc... I even bribe them with ice cream sandwiches if they behave. We go in the store and we are in there for 10 minutes total. Tyler smashes Hunter's hand; Tyler and Parker play hide and go seek and are chasing each other around the clothes racks and hiding; Parker finds a bottle cap and a fight ensues between Tyler and him over a dirty nasty cap; Parker climbs in a plastic pool at the check-out and will not get out because I took away the cap so he is mad; Hunter of course is crying the whole time because he is strapped in and wants to run around and as I check out, Sawyer joins Hunter & Parker in the crying. We get out to the car and Tyler and Parker ask when they get their ice cream sandwiches. Are they joking???!!! They should be asking me to spare their lives. I was nervous to go anywhere with all four and now that fear has been justified.

4 comments:

Eldredge's said...

That is pretty funny. Luckily it was only 10 minutes long.

Kim Simpson said...

Since you didn't say it in your post I will say it for you....
Oh Mercy!

Race Fam said...

That is why we stopped at 3 kids. 4 would throw me over the edge!!! I am a good babysitter, if you ever want to go shopping on your own give me a call.

Jaime said...

I love it! I can so relate. Just wait it does get some what easier.