Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It finally happened...

I knew it would happen eventually, but today it finally did. Tyler decided he was going to change his last name and move out. Why? Well, didn't you know, Brock and I are the meanest parents EVER!! We don't let him watch TV whenever he wants and we never let him buy ice cream from the ice cream man. (Which, I daily curse the DUMB ice cream man.) Anyway, he said he would rather go play with his friends, change his last name and go live with some of the "nicer" neighbors. Unfortunately for him, I called all the neighbors as soon as he left, so they all turned him away at their doors. When he came back to our house to get a sweatshirt, we told him we didn't give food or sweatshirts to little boys that didn't live with us, so he would just have to stand out in the cold. Well, it took 30 minutes in the backyard with him crying, throwing rocks, crying some more, but he finally yelled through the window that he was ready to change his last name back to Bean. Ahhhh....we have our son back.

9 comments:

Race Fam said...

Poor kid, what horrible parents! :) That's pretty funny. BTW I love your new template. So cute.

Elise said...

That is a really funny story!!

kristi said...

Wow! That's some serious stuff. I'm gonna have to remember your tactics. Maybe Tyler needs a tour of the homeless shelter.

I love hearing that other people have children with opinions, too.

kristi said...

Oh, and about the blessed ice cream truck, go out EVERYday and ask if there are roaches in the truck. Seem extremely upset when they insist that there are none and purchase nothing. Continue daily with money in hand until the Ice Cream People get tired of YOU. :)

Wendy said...

Cami, you're awesome!

Jaime said...

I love it! Don't you just look forward to teenage years.

Rebecca said...

Oh that's great!!

D-n-E said...

Cami,

I know this is randomly out of the blue, but my wife and I thoroughly enjoy your blog, and this post epitomizes what we like about it. I have no doubt that when our kids come of age, we will end up adopting some of your parenting "tools." Thanks for the regular dose of family entertainment.

D. Fillmore
dfillmore@hotmail.com

laura said...

Hilarious! You are not alone. This weekend Davin took all the pictures of himself off our walls. He said that he didn't exist in this family anymore. (It was 9pm and I wouldn't let him have Halloween candy.) I took the easy way out though, and just put him to bed.